Old November 7th 04, 11:16 AM

A fan marker lights the white light. An OM lights the blue light.

Andrew Sarangan wrote:

A few questions came up in ground school that had me stumped. Any insight
is appreciated.

Why do some approaches say Radar required when all the fixes can be
identified using other equipment required for the approach? For example,
VOR-DME-A at 3G3.

When a holding pattern is published in lieu of a PT, my understanding of
the AIM (5-4-9 (4)) is that you only have to perform the entry, and are not
required to do any laps around the pattern. What if the hold requires a
direct entry? In that case it seems that you can effectively skip the
holdind pattern, which does not make sense to me because a PT (or hold in
lieu of PT) is a required maneuver. Take a look at SDF10 @ DWU.

Why does the hold in lieu of a PT always say "1 min". Isn't a hold always 1
min? Why is this mentioned only for this type of hold, and not mentioned
for all other holds?

What exactly is a Fan Marker? See SDF10 @ DWU. How is this different from
an OM? The fan marker seems to have its own identifier code.

http://www.usenet.com