Old March 15th 04, 09:16 AM
Jon Meyer

I think you are missing the point that most people
have made about the PW5, those that aren't ignorant
anyway. The point is that it does not perform well
enough to justify the price tag. I cannot understand
the mentality of people who would rather fork out £20k+
for a sailplane with the performance only slightly
better than a K6e when they could get a second hand
LS4 or ASW20 for the same or less money! I would have
thought that a one-type class based on an existing
design (which could be very cheaply put back into production)
would make far more sense. After all, some of us can't
even afford a brand new PW5, but can afford an old
ratty ASW20 or LS4.
This is not about elitism in terms of money, its about
common sense and value for money. The PW5 has an abundance
of neither.
LS4 for the world class!