Old May 28th 05, 09:30 PM
Antoņio

Larry Dighera wrote:

While the ultimate responsibility for complying with FARs lies with
the PIC, it is my understanding that ATC is mandated by FAAO 7110.65*
to coordinate transit into/through the airspace of other facilities.

So would you say that if one were in the pattern that it would imply
the same responsibilities of ATC as if I were on, say, flight
following?

2.Is the controller supposed to arrange things so that I *can* turn
base and not be in conflict with other aircraft?

Without checking FAAO 7110.65, I would say yes.

Interesting...

3.How would you resolve the problem if it were happening to you ?

I would call the tower manager, and discuss the issue to get his
views. Then I'd file a NASA form, and suggest how to change the
current procedures to make the issue less problematic.

I meant: How would you resolve the problem if it were happening right
now?

Thanks Larry!

Antonio