Old May 24th 05, 01:33 PM
OtisWinslow

You might try some of the gokart racing suppliers too. They use digital
scale systems for setup.

"abripl" wrote in message
oups.com...
I sold my mechanical Ruggles weigh scales and now am trying some
digital automotive racing scales that are just a little more expensive.
The scales I found are actually less expensive than normal racing
scales but the real advantage is that they can be sold individually
rather than a set of four. For my purposes I only need two (use
bathroom scale on front wheel) and that brings the price down to about
$500 for two digital scales compared to $310 for the
mechanical Ruggles scale set. I tested the accuracy of the new digital
scales and they seem to be accurate to the nearest pound thats quite
better than Ruggles. You can see the scales at
http://racing.centralcarolinascale.com/low-cost.htm

Another place
http://www.usedscales.com/ws_and_ps_race_car_scale.htm
also sells them, but when they found out I was going to use them for
aircraft, they went bezerk and would not sell them to me but insisted
that I purchase more expensive ones. I tried to explain that I can
possibly calibrate the cheaper ones (just like you calibrate a compass
with a compass correction chart) but they were so caught up in
superlatives and safety slogans they would not listen.

Any two of you can get together and purchase a whole set for about $900
and split it. Thats only about $450 for digital aircraft scale set
(plus one good bathroom scale).