Old August 21st 04, 09:51 PM
Paul J. Adam

In message , u don't have to
know writes
What happen to obsolete weapons as AIM-7 Sparrow which have been replaced by
AIM-120 ?
Destroyed or stored ?

Expended downrange, in a lot of cases. "Okay, it's going to cost X money
to have these 84mm HEAT rounds scrapped, they're at the end of their
working life and only a few backwater Territorial Army units still use
them. What do we do with them? Okay, I guess some TA units get to
live-fire their 84mm Carl Gustavs then..."

Personal beneificiary of this, since we got a truckload of 84mm rounds
and sort-of-orders not to return any...

It's generally cheaper to fire off LIFEX ammo than to safely scrap it.

--
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
Julius Caesar I:2