Old September 7th 07, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Newps

Default GNS430W: Parallel offset course feature

That parallel offset feature has been on every GPS I've had. Thought I
read somewhere it was required for IFR boxes. The Mid Continent CDI's
have a light on the face when you are flying an offset. Never used that
feature, don't know why i ever would.

Peter R. wrote:

Just picked up my aircraft with the GNS430W upgrade and was reading the
manual to see what new features are now included. In there I discovered the
feature that allows the pilot to purposely fly a parallel offset course
anywhere from 1 to 99 miles. The only tedious characteristic of this feature
(IMO) is that the pilot must set this option every time a flight plan is
activated, rather than having the option "stick" across flights. Thus, over
time it seems to me a pilot may eventually opt to not set it.

Anyone use this feature? I am curious about its popularity.