Old August 25th 04, 09:42 PM
Mark James Boyd

Eric Greenwell wrote:

Just to be clear here, the convention is: 0% is at the front of the
range; 100% is at the aft end of the range. It sounds like you have it
backwards.

My mistake. I wasn't expecting you to have flown
aircraft in such an aft CG range, and inverted it in my mind.

Really. So the aircraft were in the aft 1/3 of the range?
And still wouldn't stall at 45 deg bank? Interesting...

I believe you, I'd just like to see this myself as well.

As far as stalls in a steep bank, without uncoordinated
inputs, I've noticed many aircraft roll wings level,
just like the GFH and AFH (and Marc, it seems) say...

One thing I haven't tried that I recall is banking into
a turn and then just failing to take rudder out
while rolling level at a high rate (all while at low
airspeed). This should get a nice spin entry too...

Maybe there are spin fatalities in this category too...steep
bank close to the ground, more elevator to tighten the
turn to final, then an attempt at a quick roll to level wings...
--

Mark Boyd