Old March 27th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Newps

Default How do controllers coordinate clearances through sectors?

Mitty wrote:

If you are getting vectors, he may not have the vector though.

The previous controller is required to coordinate that.

I don't
believe that the automated handoff has any facility for passing the
vector information, although part of the data tag in a handoff (from
Center to a TRACON for example) can indicate the runway that the flight
is being vectored for.

The center has no control over my data tag. The center does not vector
to a runway, that is an approach controls job.

Another interesting thing I learned was that the TRACON radar doesn't
show the little vector that indicates direction of flight like the
Center radars do.

That's because center controllers are retarded and wouldn't know which
way the little airplanes are moving if the computer doesn't tell them.