Old October 15th 03, 02:02 PM
Gunnar

"tscottme" skrev i melding
Jordan wrote in message
Yea just keep making fun of every nation that doesn't agree with the
USA. You think you can take on the world? I can't wait for the day
when americans realise they are no longer the major world power.

Don't you think enough people hate americans already? Why do you keep
acting to reinforce their perceptions?

Funny they hate America but fall all over themselves to ingratiate
themselves with the Russians, the Arabs, and all the other full-time
ogres. I think that says more about the rationality of the Europeans
than the faults of the US. Besides, being powerful means you don't need
everyone to like you, fear is enough. You don't see much European anger
about slavery in the Arab world, or harsh treatment of Christians in
China or the Middle East. But one cop killer gets sentenced to death
and the Euro trash has a seizure.

Could it be that we'l like for you to be of a higher standard than the
rest... ?

The only moral justification for us ( that is the vestern world ) being
"better" than the rest is that we are in fact BETTER than the rest of the
world !
And better means higher standards in treatment, letter of the law etc.