Old April 23rd 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Sun N Fun '07 Redux

They're both in their 80's. I think my dad
was disappointed that there was no B-17

I think everyone was disappointed by their absence. I wonder who peed
in the warbird's Wheaties, to make them stay home with their toys?

Also- I wonder if the new format affected
the attendance. This year the event runs from
mid-week to mid-week rather than from
weekend to weekend. I'm not sure of the
reasoning behind that but I suppose there
are advantages and disadvantages either way.
It did seem that there were fewer attendees
flying in but the spectator crowd on Friday
seemed rather large. (At least the parking lots
seemed full for a weekday).

Yeah, we saw more arrivals on Friday then we did the previous few
days. I suspect that part of that was due to the big storm that sat
in the East for a few days, and part of that was simply people coming
in for a 3-day weekend.

SNF seems to get a LOT more people from the Eastern Seaboard than OSH
does, so any weather affecting that area is going to hurt SNF badly.

Saturday looked to be getting very busy, too, but we were off the
ground by 10 AM, so I don't know how it eventually panned out.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA