Old December 20th 05, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Curious incident :)

Javier Henderson wrote:

If I understood the OP correctly, the 747 was starting its takeoff roll
as an MD11 landed in front of him. The 747 probably hit the brakes
really hard.

No, quite certain that that didn't happen. From what I saw, the 747
stood there waiting for the MD-11 to land and exit before taking off.
He probably chose to enter the runway because that portion was beyond
the threshold.

Not sure if I've conveyanced in words correctly here :\

This has happened in the USA though. You may all remember the 737 that
landed on top of a Brasilia (or some turboprop) at LAX in the late 80's.

Ah, but there's likely a difference here, as I've said above. The
aircraft in this instance was holding *beyond* the threshold.

Ramapriya