Old June 9th 04, 01:57 PM
Bill Feldbaumer

Gentlemen,

Thanks for your responses. A number of issues were raised. However,
many of you did not address the question that I asked. Should a
pilot's score be determined by his performance alone or should the
performances of his competitors be able to influence his score? If you
are still interested, please answer that question.

I don't know what my soaring experience has to do with your logical
evaluation of a scoring system. However, some of you asked. Over the
past forty-two years, I have flown sailplanes for over 3300 hours. I
have competed in ten nationals and numerous regionals. I have had
several articles on scoring systems for soaring published. You can
trace through them with the reference in my original posting, "History
of Contest Scoring."

Bill Feldbaumer 09