Old May 29th 08, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Fry

Default Old video of Burt Rutan and Mike Melvill demoing composite strength.

"RST" == RST Engineering writes:

RST But Grizzly, Defiant, Voyager, Space I ... marks of a snake
RST oil salesman? Fry, you suck. Oh, and Fry, how many designs
RST have YOU made that have flown? And put on the market? And
RST endured years and years of answering the same stupid
RST questions over and over? And year after year filled the tent
RST at Oshkosh with overflow crowds? Hmmm?

Popularity is now your measure of goodness? That sure isn't
engineering. I've seen a steady stream of popular and useless techs
and engineers.

Rutan is good--great--at highly experimental, bleeding edge, one-off
designs. He sucks at designing anything even partway extending
mainstream, usable designs. Just what the hell has ever happened
later in the mainstream with his pioneering work? Not much.

Space I? Damn near had disasters on one or two of the flights as I
recall. And his tilting tail "innovation" is a dead end: will never
work for orbital.

He sucks at attitude. His constant dissing of anything from NASA
disrespects the genuine accomplishments of many thousands of
engineers, techs, etc.

He also sucks at being careful, killing workers with his casual
treatment of very dangerous fuels.

I haven't designed anything that flies because guess what, Jimbo, I
don't do aeronautics. I do water resources, and in that field, I've
done a number of pioneering innovations that are still being used.
And I can damn well tell blowhard talkers from doers.

Go suck yourself, boy.
--
The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.
~ George Orwell