Old March 3rd 16, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default ADS-B Compliance

snip?

On 3/2/2016 8:43 PM, 2G wrote:
The good news is you can get your info straight from the FAA:http://www.icao.int/APAC/Meetings/20...20briefing.pdf

\snip

I was just talking with my local FSDO and he laughed and told me that,
during his training in Oklahoma city, he was welcomed to the FAA where
they have 93 independently operated offices! Yes, they're all supposed
to operate under the same rules (the FARs) but they sometimes interpret
them differently. For example, when I received my Air Force training in
the Rockwell Sabreliner, the FSDO in the region where I took the
training considered the aircraft to be a center-line thrust aircraft.
So I deferred getting a type rating in the aircraft until I returned to
my duty station in a different region where the aircraft was NOT
considered to be a center-line thrust aircraft. Voila! I received an
unrestricted Airplane Multi-engine Land rating with a type rating for
the aircraft. Same rules, different interpretation.

I'm gonna wait until the ADS-B requirements are better defined before
buying any equipment.
--
Dan, 5J