Old June 9th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Welding question 2

Morgans wrote:
"Bill Daniels" bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote

That 'pop/sizzle' wirefeed/power bit is good advice. I kinda figgered
that out on my own and the results improved. The welder does have the
option of gas but I didn't borrow the regulator since the owner didn't
have a gas bottle or any solid wire. Would I be better off to change to
gas/solid wire?

Yep, the bottle would get you better results, both pretty wise, and easy
wise. It depends how much more you have to do, on this job. Not much to
do, forget it. If you have a lot to do, it might be worth getting it.

But outdoors, the gas will blow away without shielding the weld.
Flux core wire for outside work...