Old November 29th 04, 05:20 PM
John Galban

"Chuck" wrote in message m...
"John Galban" wrote in message
om...

snip

I've almost never kept a balance on a credit card. If I can't get a
real loan (i.e. bank loan with reasonable terms), then that means I
probably can't afford whatever it is I want to buy.

Must be nice... I don't have the option of very many luxuries, so I need
credit from time to time for necessities...

Reread my post. I said that if you do need to borrow money, a
credit card is the most expensive (and risky) way to get it, leaving
you even fewer options for luxuries. If a credit card is your only
option, then you're in need of some financial planning.

My point was that the typical credit card agreement exposes you to a
potential finanacial disaster. It allows the issuing bank to put you
into a financial hole that could take years to dig yourself out of.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)