Old March 20th 04, 06:28 PM
Graeme Carrott

In article , Jim Doyle
writes

i saw a film that they tried to make the F4 Phantom a russian fighter!

that
said, the chances of getting a REAL russian plane for the film would be
pretty slim!

"Ice Station Zero" - a flight of four (?) MiG-21 models turns into a
real Phantom as it overflies the submarine.

Also didn't Donald
Pleasence get shot after James Gardner crashed theirs in 'The Great Escape'?

I thought that was a Bucker Bu181 Bestmann (or a derivative), but I
might be wrong.

"Sahara" (original version) - is the 'Messerschmitt' a Mustang?
"Where Eagles Dare" - the Bell 47 playing, I guess, a Flettner Fl282?
"A Bridge Too Far" - AT-6s playing Thunderbolts and Typhoons?

--
Graeme

Currently Reading: "The Day We Bombed Switzerland" - Granholm