Old March 19th 08, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Maynard

Default A Call to Arms from Richard VanGrunsven

On 2008-03-18, Jim Logajan wrote:
Jay Maynard wrote:
There's at least one LSA manufacturer that claims LSAs
can't be legally flown IFR, but I strongly suspect that's because they
don't offer one.

Sport Aircraft Works Inc. may or may not be who you mean, but I've seen
them make that claim in the past. Here's their web page (which looks like
it has been changed since I've last checked, so it doesn't read as absolute
as it used to):
http://www.sportaircraftworks.com/ot...%20CRUISER.htm

Yes, that's the page I was referring to. Even though they've toned it down,
it's still corporate sour grapes because they don't offer an IFR-legal
aircraft.

Meanwhile, the sales manager for AMD commutes an hour or so each way in
various of their aircraft in both VMC and IMC, and has run up about 500
hours of actual in the Zodiac.

Those who say a thing can't be done shouldn't get in the way of those who
are doing it.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
http://www.hercules-390.org (Yes, that's me!)