Old August 27th 03, 07:29 PM
Jerry Wass

Richard Riley wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:36:11 GMT, Jerry Wass
wrote:

:Ah'm a gonna use a buncha 1/8" SS toobin on my fuel injection system on my
:
:314 cid Cont. GPU. ---I'se gotta buncha ole surplus 3/16" preformed pipes
:with lotsa flares on 'em--Whack 'em off at a 45% angle bout an inch long &
:silver solder em on to the 1/8"--Makes a stouter joint & moves the
:vibration away from the flare
:fitting back into the 1/8" line--Dat werk 4 U ??
:
Ooooo, dat clever. Ifn I get outta dem serplus 3/16 ss, I ken make
dem.

I does has a good lathe I mite get to werkin, but I don't have no way
ta hold da 1/8 line ifn I don't by dat ting from Spruce.. WELL, i TELL YA

HOW TO DO DAT--You takes a short peece of 3/16" line( 1/8" i.d.) & you
grab your trusty moto tool with the fine thin grinder blades & you cuts a slit
in it length wise, slip this little bugger on the 1/8" line & clamp the whole
ferschluggin mess in the 3/16" hole in your flare clamp doohickey.---ON SECOND
THOUGHT, MEBBY YOU BETTER MAKE 2 SLITS IN IT, if you wants to
take it off..

Then you all knows bout the merger tween Honeywell & Fairchild?? they is gonna

call it---

Farewell Honeychild!!

I was gonna use dem aluminum fittins, but I was gonna use some a dem
soft copper 37 degree gaskets, do de werk?

:Richard Riley wrote:
:
: I need to make a dozen 37 degree flares in 1/8 stanless line for a
: brake system. My flaring tool only goes to 3/16. Spruce has the
: "Rolo-flare" tool that goes to 1/8" for $80 or so, but they say it's
: not for use with stainless. OTOH, the other vendors that carry the
: Rolo-flare don't say anything about stainless. Has anyone used it for
: this?
:
: Spruce also has a 1/8" flaring kit for $19, that comes with a flaring
: "punch" http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...aringblock.php
: is it used with a hammer?
:
: Spruce also has Weatherhead flaring tools that go to 1/8 for SS, but
: they're $400. I hate to buy one for so few jobs. Anyone got a used
: one for sale, rent or borrowing?