Old January 16th 04, 06:25 AM
Colin Campbell

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 04:17:39 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"LawsonE" wrote in message
link.net...

Hmmmmm.... Can an American civilian ever be arrested by the military?

Yes, on a military installation.

Actually, no.

The military does not have arrest powers for any persons not under the
UCMJ.

What happens in real life is that - for minor offenses - the subject
is cited with a mandatory court appearance before a US Magistrate.
For serious offenses the subject is detained pending the arrival of
the US Marshals or FBI (who conduct the arrest).

(I spent a year pulling 'Military Police Duty Officer' 3-4x a month at
Ft Lewis not long ago and I got to be an expert on jurisdictional
issues.)

"It's not American foreign policy, or the plight of the
Palestinians, or America's longstanding support for Israel.
A group of people with money and weaponry have simply
decided that we, as a civilization, are unfit to live, and
want, eventally, to exterminate us."
'Christian Century' magazine