Old September 17th 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Godwin

Default Why nitrogen?

"Peter Dohm" wrote in
:

In the case of light plane tires, I agree with you that really dry
air should work well enough to make the issue trivial. But, if
you need nitrogen for any other reason, it is the cheapest thing
that I know of in an L bottle or larger and using it in the tires
may be essentially free--because you may have to pay rental on the
tanks if they are not refilled at a prescribed interval.

My daughter is a Crew Chief on a C-130 Herc and said that Nitrogen is
used in the struts.