Old January 23rd 04, 02:56 PM
Ray Andraka

You have to really work to get the CG out of range. It''ll happen if you fill
the
back seats with big guys and leave the others empty, but otherwise it is pretty
hard
to do. The tanks are not that far forward of the CG, and the airplane is pretty
heavy
(3400# max gross), so the CG change from full to empty is not all that great.
My
W&B spreadsheet doe calculate the zero fuel and anticipated arrival CG's
nonetheless.

BTIZ wrote:

where is your CG with all seats filled and only "reserve" fuel .. or better
yet.. empty tanks..

BT

"Ray Andraka" wrote in message
I beg to differ. I have a 1965 Cherokee Six-260. I have 1050lb payload

left
over with full tanks. Full tanks is 84 gallons at 14 GPH doing an honest
125-130 Kts, betcha can't sit that long. I haven't seen any other

production
piston single that will match it (excepting PA-32's of course). The thing

is a
minivan with wings.

Mike Rapoport wrote:

I don't think there are any but are you sure that you can find 6 adults

who
are willing to sit in a six place single for four to six hours?

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759