Old May 15th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Oriskany departed on final voyage this morning

Not being SCUBA qualified I can't really answer. I think if a person is not
qualified, and goes as deep as the Oriskany is supposed to settle, then that
person may end up qualified for the Darwin Award. I do know that the
hospitals here have invested in equipment and training to handle more people
with the bends than normally seen in any given year.
Don't know what a "Hooka" rig is but I'll Google it to see.

Oh, there are police. They are there for the interim period. Once the ship
is down and considered stable, it's everyone for himself. I guess they
expect tour operators and scuba school operators to control who they take
out there.

I guess I'll just go back to being a lurker in this group.

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 121...
Tom Callahan wrote
After years of preparation, the USS Oriskany is now under tow from
Allegheny Pier at the Naval Air Station, Pensacola, Florida to become
an underwater reef and paradise for qualified SCUBA divers.

Are there Underwater Police to keep me away if I an not "qualified"?
Are "Hooka" rigs not allowed? Or...did you just make that part up?

Bob Moore