Old June 4th 04, 06:00 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, (Garyurbach) said:
Can anybody here tall me what the standard rate of turn is in a 757? Is it the
same as small palnes, i.ei, is it universal at 360 degrees in 2 minutes?

The big guys don't do standard rate turns, because that would involve too
high a bank angle. Instead they just do 30 degree banks.

As for what they're capable of, remember Tex Johnson(sp?) barrel rolled
the 707 prototype (the "Dash-80"). If you don't care if the plane is
usable again after the maneuver, I'm sure you could do a lot more abrupt
maneuvers than that.

--
Paul Tomblin
http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/