Old June 9th 04, 09:03 AM
John Galban

"Marty from Sunny Florida" wrote in message ...
From what I've read on this NG, the Lycoming engine is a better choice in
terms of hours to Major Overhaul. A Continental engine with Millenium
cylinders makes the engine less likely to fail. All things equal, including
the price, what is considered a better buy, the 150 or 152? Presume they're
one model year apart and equally equipped.

Advice and opinions, please.

The 152s seem to carry a premium on the price tag (5K+). They have
a longer TBO, but are also more expensive to overhaul. If I were
looking for a personal aircraft, I wouldn't pay the premium for the
152. It really doesn't have any significant improvements over the
150. One thing, though. The 150's O-200 is more susceptible to carb
icing. It's not really a huge safety issue if you know what to expect
and take corrective action. After 50 hrs. or so it becomes second
nature to hit the carb heat at the first hint of roughness. Problem
solved.

This is, of course, a theoretical discussion. The chances that
you'll find a 150 and a 152 in exactly the same condition and equipped
exactly alike are slim. In real life, you should by the one that is
in the best condition and equipped the way you want. If you are in
the market for a two seat Cessna, don't limit yourself to one model or
another. Just get the best plane for your money.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)