Old July 23rd 03, 08:40 PM
Michael

"Jeff" wrote
They also charged me 35$ to put in in my tires.

"Dennis O'Connor" wrote
That is the key point of information... Time to start shopping for a new
mechanic...

I don't think that's true at all. $35 to install tires is quite a
reasonable labor charge. Of course the owner can legally do it
himself - but not every owner wants to.

A proper annual on a complex airplane is going to cost $5000 if you
drop off the keys and the checkbook. My PA-30 needs 50-100 hours at
annual to open everything up, go up on jacks, do a proper inspection,
repair all the minor discrepancies that inevitably come up, comply
with the recurrent AD's, and button it up again. I can't see that it
would be much less for a Turbo Arrow.

I don't pay near that much because I do most of that 50-100 hours
myself, but that's not something everyone wants to do.

Michael