Old September 17th 04, 12:08 AM
Icebound

"James M. Knox" wrote in message
2...
"Maule Driver" wrote in
m:

So, as an owner I should know this but I'll ask anyway..... Will
insurance payoff on this one? If he was flying his own plane? If he
was flying Dad's plane?

Assuming all the details were in fact as reported, then:

Flying his own plane - various insurance companies would pay off on all
other planes and structures, but almost certainly not on his. His own
insurance company (if he has insurance) would be eventually be the payee

everyone else.

Flying his fathers plane, with permission - insurance would pay off on
everything,

If he was proveably intoxicated, would not "his" insurance company fight
against paying anything at all, on the basis that the damage occurred while
he was involved in an illegal activity, and thus he had voided the insurance
contract?? Or is that a myth??