10,000 Hail Mary's and a pox on mechanics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 10th 05, 08:38 PM
Jay Honeck

Your plane is over 30 years past its expected useful life. Do you
rely on a 1965 car for reliable transportation? I submit to you that
it's a credit to all the mechanics that have worked on your aircraft
for those 40 years, that you aren't drinking beer out of it.

Amen, Don.

As much as I bitch about the mechanics who don't test things after
maintenance, and break things while fixing other things, I still must tip my
hat to all the guys who, over the last 31 years, have kept my Pathfinder in
outstanding condition.

Of course, if you were to add up the amount of money spent maintaining and
upgrading the original airframe, it would be dozens (hundreds?) of times
over what the plane cost in the first place -- so all the previous owners
must get a nod, too.

I'm convinced that competent light aircraft mechanics do it because they
love doing it. (Although my A&P *does* own the biggest yacht on the lake...
;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA