Mountain flying schools in Europe?

Old February 7th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mika Koski

Default Mountain flying schools in Europe?

Hi,

I'm looking for mountain flying schools in Europe. If you have taken
wave, ridge or other lessons in any school, just let me know.
Experiences, recommendations and (flying) stories are appreciated very
much.

I'm also interested in Eastern Europe gliding schools, because they
are closer to Finland and I can take my own glider with me.

Regards,

Mika Koski

Old February 7th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
--=JJay=--[_2_]

Mika Koski pisze:
I'm looking for mountain flying schools in Europe. If you have taken
wave, ridge or other lessons in any school, just let me know.
Experiences, recommendations and (flying) stories are appreciated very
much.

I'm also interested in Eastern Europe gliding schools, because they
are closer to Finland and I can take my own glider with me.

In Poland there are at least two places where you can go, Żar
http://www.glidezar.com - Very nice place with quite good infrastructure
plus there is a big chance to meet Sebastian Kawa because he files here
quite often ;-) I've been here many times and even when the weather
wasn't good enough to fly I wasn't getting bored
Second place is Aeroklub Jeleniogorski
http://www.aeroklub.jelenia.gora.pl/ where a lot of wave flights is done
(check OLC page ;-)), a lot of pilots from Germany and Czech republic
are visiting this place. This is gliding section of this aeroclub
webpage http://www.szybowce.yoyo.pl/ unfortunately only polish version.
This place is known to me only from number of relations from other
pilots, but I can recommend it as well as Zar.

There is also aeroclub in Nowy Targ http://www.aeroklub.nowytarg.pl/ but
I don't know what is happening there now and their webpage is only in
Polish.
Last place that comes to my mind is Bezmiechowa on far south east of
Poland http://www.bezmiechowa.com/ also only polish version of webpage.
If you have patience you can use map to locate potential places to visit
http://www.szybowce.com/aerokluby.php
You should find emails without problems by going to section named
Kontakt or on main page in some cases.

Regards
--
--=JJay=--
www.aeroklub.deblin.pl, my photos at airliners.net - http://tiny.pl/rcwl

Old February 8th 08, 09:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tobi[_2_]

The DASSU (http://www.dassu.de) is what I would recommend !
Old February 8th 08, 11:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jari Pakkanen

Also Italy/Rieti has mountain/ridge flying school.
http://www.ilmailu.fi/fi/lajit/purje...stolentokurssi
(Only finnish language)

Jari

Old February 8th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Markus Graeber

Have a look at the French National Gliding Center in St. Auban in the
French Alps as well (CNVV - site of the first ever GP). Hard to beat
in terms of equipment and prices, they have world class instructors as
well:

http://www.cnvv.net/

Markus

Old February 11th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mika Koski

Hello,

and thanks everybody for helping me. I have found new interesting
places and learned a couple of soaring related words in Polish! I have
also found out that there are Condor simulator sceneries available for
Rieti, St Auban and Unterwössen. To get familiar with the
surroundings, could you tell me what is the usual winds directions and
speeds in Rieti, St Auban and Unterwössen? This is getting
serious. ;-)

Regards,

Mika Koski
Old February 11th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tobi

Mika Koski schrieb:
Hello,

and thanks everybody for helping me. I have found new interesting
places and learned a couple of soaring related words in Polish! I have
also found out that there are Condor simulator sceneries available for
Rieti, St Auban and Unterwössen. To get familiar with the
surroundings, could you tell me what is the usual winds directions and
speeds in Rieti, St Auban and Unterwössen? This is getting
serious. ;-)

Regards,

Mika Koski

In Unterwössen on normal thermic days you'll have a north-component
because of the location between alps and Chiemsee. I recommend
http://www.ywtw.de/igcsimen.html to get the best impression of the
scenery ;-)
Old February 12th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ray Roberts

In St Auban you tend to have either a (northely) Mistral wind with wave
conditions, or on good thermal days, the rising air over the Alps pulls in
lower-level air from the South, causing an afternoon up-valley wind in the
Durance valley that is locally called "La Brise".
As the wind spreads out into the various side valleys its strength and
direction becaome difficult to anticipate, one of the many factors that
makes soaring in the Alps especially challenging.

"tobi" wrote in message
Mika Koski schrieb:
Hello,

and thanks everybody for helping me. I have found new interesting
places and learned a couple of soaring related words in Polish! I have
also found out that there are Condor simulator sceneries available for
Rieti, St Auban and Unterwössen. To get familiar with the
surroundings, could you tell me what is the usual winds directions and
speeds in Rieti, St Auban and Unterwössen? This is getting
serious. ;-)

Regards,

Mika Koski

In Unterwössen on normal thermic days you'll have a north-component
because of the location between alps and Chiemsee. I recommend
http://www.ywtw.de/igcsimen.html to get the best impression of the scenery
;-)

Mountain flying ASM Soaring 15 January 19th 08 07:23 PM
Mountain Flying Doug Piloting 3 November 9th 06 05:11 PM
Flying Schools in the U.S. [email protected] Piloting 12 October 6th 06 03:54 AM
On flying schools in the US [email protected] Piloting 4 May 4th 06 10:42 AM
Mountain Flying Course? Nicholas Kliewer Instrument Flight Rules 15 May 9th 04 05:29 AM