Richmond Indiana Info Request.

Old April 18th 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default Richmond Indiana Info Request.

Any body have any info on the airport in Richmond Indiana. KRID

Hanger cost and availability? How active? That sort of thing.
Old April 18th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
news

Any body have any info on the airport in Richmond Indiana. KRID

Hanger cost and availability? How active? That sort of thing.

A good friend of mine is one of the jump masters out there at the skydiving
deal they have. I flew in there on a Sunday a couple years ago and spent
part of the day riding in the Caravan and watching people jump out at
14,500, it was crazy! In the few hours I was there I think I saw one other
aircraft (other than the Caravan) movement the entire time.

Old April 18th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Darkwing wrote:
"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
news
Any body have any info on the airport in Richmond Indiana. KRID

Hanger cost and availability? How active? That sort of thing.

A good friend of mine is one of the jump masters out there at the skydiving
deal they have. I flew in there on a Sunday a couple years ago and spent
part of the day riding in the Caravan and watching people jump out at
14,500, it was crazy! In the few hours I was there I think I saw one other
aircraft (other than the Caravan) movement the entire time.

I noticed that they had an active jump bunch there. I was hoping that
would mean an active flying community. Guess not.

Old April 18th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
m...
Darkwing wrote:
"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
news
Any body have any info on the airport in Richmond Indiana. KRID

Hanger cost and availability? How active? That sort of thing.

A good friend of mine is one of the jump masters out there at the
skydiving deal they have. I flew in there on a Sunday a couple years ago
and spent part of the day riding in the Caravan and watching people jump
out at 14,500, it was crazy! In the few hours I was there I think I saw
one other aircraft (other than the Caravan) movement the entire time.

I noticed that they had an active jump bunch there. I was hoping that
would mean an active flying community. Guess not.

I know a few large companies have moved out of Richmond and nearby
Connersville which had a Visteon plant and this really hurt the GA traffic
into Richmond, we had the same thing up in Anderson with businesses leaving
there as well.