Job well done

Old April 22nd 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Job well done

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:bl9Pj.57884$QC.14990
@newsfe20.lga:

:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

@v26g2000prm.googlegroups.com.
.. On 21 Apr, 04:57, "Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:
"WingFlaps" wrote in message

@y18g2000pre.googlegroups.com
... On Apr 21, 3:17 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

WingFlaps wrote in
:

On Apr 21, 2:07 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
WingFlaps wrote in
9f74-
:

On Apr 20, 6:19 pm, wrote:
On Apr 18, 5:51 pm, WingFlaps wrote:

On Apr 19, 7:37 am, "tom418"

wrote:

This is only an emergency because it looks good on TV.

gear
up
is
not a life threatening event.

It would have been even less of a risk and done a lot

less
less
damage
to the plane if he had retracted the gear and stopped the
engines
and
done a belly landing
.
Cheers

Unless he had to go-around after feathering both engines.

Why would he want to go around after short final? Are you
saying
the
POH says land on on one wheel? Now apply some PIC skills.
Which is safer, a belly landing with engines off or the

crash
landing the
pilot
made?

Actually, a partial gear landing is considered safer. I've

made
on (
not
by choice, one failed on touchdown) and damage was minimal.

The
airplane
was flying agian the next day.

S'funny you say that as I was reading some RAF stories from the
war and it seemed like gear up was the way to go. The touble

with
one wheel down is what happens to the wing wen it catches on

the
ground and starts a groundloop. It seems to me that accidental
gear ups do relativeley little damage to structure.

Well, in my case it happened at high speed and we did eventually
groundloop, bt at low speed and with little damage. The left prop
got it, but the boss did a crank check and found it OK, so it

flew
the next day. Cracked drag link was the culprit. For large
aircraft, even those without underslung engines, they do

recommend
that we take whatever is down. I know a few guys who have landed
completely wheels up and the damage was pretty heavy. A Beech 99,
for instance ( lots of those have been wheels up)

For the Gulfstream III landing with any two (2) gear legs down and
locked is preferred to landing
with only one gear down or all gear up. Should only one gear be
extended, it is recommended
that the gear be retracted and an all gear up landing be performed.
Landing with only
the nose gear down and locked is specifically not recommended.

Do you know why it would be different for heavies?

Cheers

No, but I sure he will make something up. He has a better

imagination
than MX.- Hide quoted text -

Aww, not really, I can't imagine you being a pilot, for instance.

Trust me, we all realize your lack of imagination.

Wait a second, you just sed I had a large imagination.

Whick is it wannabe boi?

Read between the lines wanna be troll, I was calling you a liar.

Yeh, very effective. Calling me a liar by lying.

Damn, If I have to explain everything in detail, you're going to have

come back when you are sober.

Oh explain away fjukktard!

I'm all ears.

Bertie

Old April 22nd 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:Md9Pj.57883$QC.48769
@newsfe20.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
..
.
On 21 Apr, 04:59, "Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:
"WingFlaps" wrote in message

m... On Apr 21, 1:58 pm, "Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in
6.130...

Buttman wrote in
:

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 23:19:37 -0700, momalley81 sayeth:

Unless he had to go-around after feathering both engines.

Sorry, I'll minimize the damage as best I can while

following
manufacturer's approved procedures. I'm betting nowhere in

the
'ho's
AFM does it say to shut down and feather both engines on

short
final.

There are a million emergencies that can occur in a plane

where
there
are no procedures written about in the POH. There's nothing

in
the regs that say you have to follow all "emergency

procedures"
in an emergency. Handling an emergency isn't about just
following what the book says.

They can't buy me a
new certificate when it gets yanked because I invented my

own
emergency procedures.

Has this even ever happened before? Has there been an example
of the FAA going after someone who feathered the engines

while
doing a belly-up?

If it was me, I'd consider feathering them, but only if I
thought it could be done effectively. If it's a three-blade,

or
a turboprop of any kind, I won't do it. If there's a chance

of
going around I wouldn't do it either, but since I learned to
land consistently (back
in my pre-private checkride days) I've had to go around,

what,
twice?

You are an idiot.

Bertie

Your a dumb ass.

YOUR?

Bhahahhahahahaha. God I love usenet.

Cheers

You must love it. You certainly waste enough hours of your life
trying to be
a star on it.- Hide quoted text -

Me, I waste nothing.

I wasn't even posting to you dip ****. Besides, you waste most
everything.

Well, your mind, but even that 'i reckon I can recycle.

Them taters ain't gonn fertilise themselves, ya know!

Yeah, that make perfect sense.

Do it?

Good k00k!

Bertie

Old April 22nd 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.religion.asatru,alt.disasters.aviation.alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:lB9Pj.57898$QC.54033

"WingFlaps" wrote in message

@y18g2000pre.googlegroups.com
... On Apr 21, 3:17 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

WingFlaps wrote in
:

On Apr 21, 2:07 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
WingFlaps wrote in
9f74-
:

On Apr 20, 6:19 pm, wrote:
On Apr 18, 5:51 pm, WingFlaps

wrote:

On Apr 19, 7:37 am, "tom418"

wrote:

[...]

Ah, nothing to say..

You really don't get it do you fjukkkwit?

Bertie
Old April 22nd 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.religion.asatru,alt.disasters.aviation.alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:MA9Pj.57894$QC.38772

"WingFlaps" wrote in message

[...]

Ooow ! A clever new strategy to exploit my weakness!

Whatever shall I do?

Bertie
Old April 22nd 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"WingFlaps" wrote in message

@y18g2000pre.googlegroups.com
... On Apr 21, 3:17 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

WingFlaps wrote in
:

On Apr 21, 2:07 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
WingFlaps wrote in
9f74-
:

On Apr 20, 6:19 pm, wrote:
On Apr 18, 5:51 pm, WingFlaps

Old April 22nd 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.religion.asatru,alt.disasters.aviation.alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Job well done, Maxwell

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:uO9Pj.57908$QC.56495

"WingFlaps" wrote in message

@y18g2000pre.googlegroups.com
... On Apr 21, 3:17 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

WingFlaps wrote in
:

On Apr 21, 2:07 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
WingFlaps wrote in
9f74-
:

On Apr 20, 6:19 pm, wrote:

[...]