May the Schwartz be with you

Old May 16th 17, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default May the Schwartz be with you

Fantastic flight .. on a beautiful day

Hearty Congratulations

AE

Old May 16th 17, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 12:06:31 AM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
Rumor is he made the task, 1000km out of Blairstown. Fantastic! Congrats Ron!

my ass hurts just thinking about it! it's not at all like my cozy 20. it's drafty, and the seat is not an ergonomical marvel. here's to ron! hiphip, HOORAY!
Old May 16th 17, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 8:36:17 AM UTC-7, ND wrote:
On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 12:06:31 AM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
Rumor is he made the task, 1000km out of Blairstown. Fantastic! Congrats Ron!

my ass hurts just thinking about it! it's not at all like my cozy 20. it's drafty, and the seat is not an ergonomical marvel. here's to ron! hiphip, HOORAY!

Mine too!
How many hours does Ron have in 1-26?
Jim
Old May 16th 17, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Probably enough to run out the life limits of one or two. I remember flying with him in the mid 70's and he was in a 1-26. I believe he did all badges (B through 3 diamonds and 1000K) in a 1-26.
Yes, he has flown "modern glass", but he likes the 1-26.
Old May 16th 17, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

14 more than he had on Sunday!
Old May 16th 17, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 12:06:31 AM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
Rumor is he made the task, 1000km out of Blairstown. Fantastic! Congrats Ron!

Amazing perseverance. Congratulations Ron! Talk about setting your goals high (or long)...

Rick Roelke / RR
Old May 16th 17, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gordon Boettger

Ron,
AWESOME!!! You are THE man. Way to go on an amazing flight.

Gordon Boettger
Old May 17th 17, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The amount of time Ron has in a 1-26 proves that he is farther along the evolutionary scale than many others. Just thinking about sitting in a 1-26 for 14 hours is enough for me to wish that my coccyx was a few more generations removed from the trees.

The line between the need for a prehensile tail and the need to sit in a 1-26 for 14 hours is fairly broad. Make your own conclusion on what side you are on.

Great flight, Ron!!!
Old May 17th 17, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WB

Iron wings and an iron butt. Congrats Ron!
Old May 17th 17, 10:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ron,

WELL DONE!!!

Kevin
former 192, now just 92