A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Piloting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Patrick Smith admits small planes are unpleasant



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 29th 10, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,169
Default Patrick Smith admits small planes are unpleasant

And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:

http://www.salon.com/technology/ask_...nes/index.html
Ads
  #2  
Old July 29th 10, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,546
Default Patrick Smith admits small planes are unpleasant

On Jul 29, 3:56*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:

http://www.salon.com/technology/ask_...7/flying_small...


Let's see if I can guess now...............this one will begin yet
another long boring predictable thread of exchanges between you and
your usual detractors on the forum with all the usual suspects chiming
in to tell you you don't fly, you're a sim pilot and you know nothing,
you're an idiot, you have social problems, how would you know, you
wouldn't fly even if you had the chance, and oh
yes...............you're a troll, while you pick and choose between
the answering posts answering several with your usual dry,
condescending one liners carefully designed to demonstrate the total
complete disgust, distaste and disrespect you hold for pilots in
general.
Perhaps this one will go into the hundreds as did the last thread
between you and the group.
I'll check back tomorrow and see how things go :-)
Dudley Henriques
  #3  
Old July 29th 10, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,546
Default Patrick Smith admits small planes are unpleasant

On Jul 29, 3:56*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:

http://www.salon.com/technology/ask_...7/flying_small...


Here we go
again! :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))

Dudley Henriques
  #4  
Old July 29th 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 794
Default Patrick Smith admits small planes are unpleasant

On Jul 30, 7:56*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:

The main reason is you don't have the ability..

  #5  
Old July 29th 10, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,169
Default Patrick Smith admits small planes are unpleasant

george writes:

The main reason is you don't have the ability..


The main reasons are a lack of money and health, but there are other reasons
as well. With respect to this particular article, small aircraft tend to be
noisy, bumpy, and uncomfortable, and a PPL has little else to look forwards to
unless he has unlimited funds and time. Like Patrick Smith, I don't enjoy
being distracted by heat, noise, etc. I'm glad to see pilots admitting the
same.
  #6  
Old July 29th 10, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 190
Default Patrick Smith admits small planes are unpleasant

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:25:21 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:

Let's see if I can guess now...............this one will begin yet
another long boring predictable thread of exchanges between you and
your usual detractors on the forum with all the usual suspects chiming
in to tell you you don't fly, you're a sim pilot and you know nothing,
you're an idiot, you have social problems, how would you know, you
wouldn't fly even if you had the chance, and oh
yes...............you're a troll,


Which you kindly assist.

PKB, Henriques.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Motto: Live To Spooge It!
  #7  
Old July 29th 10, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,546
Default Patrick Smith admits small planes are unpleasant

On Jul 29, 5:37*pm, Ari Silverstein wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:25:21 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:
Let's see if I can guess now...............this one will begin yet
another long boring predictable thread of exchanges between you and
your usual detractors on the forum with all the usual suspects chiming
in to tell you you don't fly, you're a sim pilot and you know nothing,
you're an idiot, you have social problems, how would you know, you
wouldn't fly even if you had the chance, and oh
yes...............you're a troll,


Which you kindly assist.

PKB, Henriques.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
Motto: Live To Spooge It!


I have no problem at all with contributing. What absolutely amazes me
however are posts like yours decrying the addition to someone while
adding to it .:-))
DH

  #8  
Old July 29th 10, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,546
Default Patrick Smith admits small planes are unpleasant

On Jul 29, 5:16*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
george writes:
The main reason is you don't have the ability..


The main reasons are a lack of money and health, but there are other reasons
as well. With respect to this particular article, small aircraft tend to be
noisy, bumpy, and uncomfortable, and a PPL has little else to look forwards to
unless he has unlimited funds and time. Like Patrick Smith, I don't enjoy
being distracted by heat, noise, etc. I'm glad to see pilots admitting the
same.


Hell old buddy, if you think small airplanes are noisy you should
experience a takeoff in a P51. Now THAT'S noise!!
:-))
  #9  
Old July 29th 10, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
rq3[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Patrick Smith admits small planes are unpleasant

Mxsmanic wrote:
And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:

http://www.salon.com/technology/ask_...nes/index.html



So the guy doesn't like his job, and wishes he was on the beach. Yawn.
Glad he wasn't my instructor. Another couple of thousand feet and a
headset he would have flying cool, calm, and quiet. You're linking to
idiots because....?
  #10  
Old July 30th 10, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 190
Default Patrick Smith admits small planes are unpleasant

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:08:26 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:

On Jul 29, 5:37*pm, Ari Silverstein wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:25:21 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:
Let's see if I can guess now...............this one will begin yet
another long boring predictable thread of exchanges between you and
your usual detractors on the forum with all the usual suspects chiming
in to tell you you don't fly, you're a sim pilot and you know nothing,
you're an idiot, you have social problems, how would you know, you
wouldn't fly even if you had the chance, and oh
yes...............you're a troll,


Which you kindly assist.

PKB, Henriques.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
Motto: Live To Spooge It!


I have no problem at all with contributing. What absolutely amazes me
however are posts like yours decrying the addition to someone while
adding to it .:-))
DH


Someone has to pint out the ass in the asshole, Duds.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Motto: Live To Spooge It!
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jetranger air ambulance I540 N of Ft Smith, AR 1 of 2 - P1010775 Ft Smith air ambulance.JPG (1/1) [email protected] Aviation Photos 0 June 29th 09 07:28 PM
Jetranger air ambulance I540 N of Ft Smith, AR 1 of 2 - P1010775 Ft Smith air ambulance.JPG (0/1) [email protected] Aviation Photos 0 June 29th 09 07:28 PM
Is TSA planning new ID rules for operators & passengers of small planes & boats? Vaughn Simon Piloting 28 June 20th 07 04:10 PM
Pushback for small planes Mxsmanic Piloting 23 October 17th 06 12:55 AM
O'Hare Controllers Raise Alarm, Blame Small Planes Larry Dighera Piloting 1 July 10th 03 03:56 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.