Patrick Smith admits small planes are unpleasant

Old July 29th 10, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Patrick Smith admits small planes are unpleasant

And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:

http://www.salon.com/technology/ask_...nes/index.html
Old July 29th 10, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Jul 29, 3:56*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:

http://www.salon.com/technology/ask_...7/flying_small...

Let's see if I can guess now...............this one will begin yet
another long boring predictable thread of exchanges between you and
your usual detractors on the forum with all the usual suspects chiming
in to tell you you don't fly, you're a sim pilot and you know nothing,
you're an idiot, you have social problems, how would you know, you
wouldn't fly even if you had the chance, and oh
yes...............you're a troll, while you pick and choose between
the answering posts answering several with your usual dry,
condescending one liners carefully designed to demonstrate the total
complete disgust, distaste and disrespect you hold for pilots in
general.
Perhaps this one will go into the hundreds as did the last thread
between you and the group.
I'll check back tomorrow and see how things go :-)
Dudley Henriques
Old July 29th 10, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Jul 29, 3:56*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:

http://www.salon.com/technology/ask_...7/flying_small...

Here we go
again! :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))

Dudley Henriques
Old July 29th 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Jul 30, 7:56*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:

The main reason is you don't have the ability..

Old July 29th 10, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

george writes:

The main reason is you don't have the ability..

The main reasons are a lack of money and health, but there are other reasons
as well. With respect to this particular article, small aircraft tend to be
noisy, bumpy, and uncomfortable, and a PPL has little else to look forwards to
unless he has unlimited funds and time. Like Patrick Smith, I don't enjoy
being distracted by heat, noise, etc. I'm glad to see pilots admitting the
same.
Old July 29th 10, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:25:21 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:

Let's see if I can guess now...............this one will begin yet
another long boring predictable thread of exchanges between you and
your usual detractors on the forum with all the usual suspects chiming
in to tell you you don't fly, you're a sim pilot and you know nothing,
you're an idiot, you have social problems, how would you know, you
wouldn't fly even if you had the chance, and oh
yes...............you're a troll,

Which you kindly assist.

PKB, Henriques.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old July 29th 10, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Jul 29, 5:37*pm, Ari Silverstein wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:25:21 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:
Let's see if I can guess now...............this one will begin yet
another long boring predictable thread of exchanges between you and
your usual detractors on the forum with all the usual suspects chiming
in to tell you you don't fly, you're a sim pilot and you know nothing,
you're an idiot, you have social problems, how would you know, you
wouldn't fly even if you had the chance, and oh
yes...............you're a troll,

Which you kindly assist.

PKB, Henriques.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
Motto: Live To Spooge It!

I have no problem at all with contributing. What absolutely amazes me
however are posts like yours decrying the addition to someone while
adding to it .:-))
DH

Old July 29th 10, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Jul 29, 5:16*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
george writes:
The main reason is you don't have the ability..

The main reasons are a lack of money and health, but there are other reasons
as well. With respect to this particular article, small aircraft tend to be
noisy, bumpy, and uncomfortable, and a PPL has little else to look forwards to
unless he has unlimited funds and time. Like Patrick Smith, I don't enjoy
being distracted by heat, noise, etc. I'm glad to see pilots admitting the
same.

Hell old buddy, if you think small airplanes are noisy you should
experience a takeoff in a P51. Now THAT'S noise!!
:-))
Old July 29th 10, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
rq3[_3_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
And he illustrates one reason why I hesitate about bothering with a PPL:

http://www.salon.com/technology/ask_...nes/index.html

So the guy doesn't like his job, and wishes he was on the beach. Yawn.
Glad he wasn't my instructor. Another couple of thousand feet and a
headset he would have flying cool, calm, and quiet. You're linking to
idiots because....?
Old July 30th 10, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:08:26 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:

[...]

Someone has to pint out the ass in the asshole, Duds.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj