Annual - Long Drivel Update

Old January 7th 05, 04:04 PM
jls

"Denny" wrote in message
oups.com...
AVBLEND... Use it for the first two oil changes, then every other oil
change is good once everything seems working...

For loosening the stem in the first place I use Marvel Mystery Oil in a
squirt can... Pull the rocker cover (on the appropriate cylinder) and
slowly flood the oil on the valve stem while bouncing the valve with a
wood block and a hammer (make sure the piston is well down the bore)...
When it seems to be bouncing briskly, then rotate the engine to cycle
the valve stem full travel while lubricating... (pulling the top plugs
makes turning the engine a lot more fun).. Then add 8 ounces of MMO to
each gas tank fill-up for two times sequentially, then to every third
tank of gas... (Lotsa mechanics like a WD-40 and Mouse Milk mixture
for unsticking the valve initially... I'm sure there are other brews
that will work, but I like MMO because it doesn't burn easily leaving
carbon behind)

Fat Albert got in trouble because I became complacent after not ever
having a stuck valve and got out of the habit that my father taught me
when I still had hair... I'm sure that dad is leaning on our old J3
while looking down on me, lighting a Camel, blowing the smoke out his
nose, and saying, "That'll learn ya."
"Yup dad, it did!"

Denny

Thanks for the informative post, Denny. We've used Mouse Milk too and it
is a great solvent. We use it to free sticky lifters sometimes. Active
ingredient, for one: methylene chloride, which is a nasty chlorinated
hydrocarbon used in paint remover and Chemdip carburetor cleaner, and
rumored to cause cancer in California.

Old January 7th 05, 09:26 PM
john smith

Marvel Mystery Oil.
It's been used for over 50 years.

Roger wrote:
Glad to hear Fat Albert is flying again Denny. Now It appears I have
a sticking intake valve on one cylinder of the Deb. Know any good
additives?

Old January 8th 05, 08:07 PM
Denny

Well, we're not in California. so Mouse Milk is safe for us...
I cringed as I posted my reply to Roger knowing that there are certain
words on these airplane lists that can be counted on to start a free
for all, and MMO is one of them...

Denny -
Yes Virgina, there is a Santa Claus
and if you want to get back on the good girl list
come here and snuggle up...