A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Libelle 301 water ballast



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 14th 08, 11:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 209
Default Libelle 301 water ballast

Do 301's have water ballast as an option?

Thanks

Al

Ads
  #2  
Old January 14th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 388
Default Libelle 301 water ballast

On Jan 14, 2:50*am, "
wrote:
Do 301's have water ballast as an option?

Thanks

Al


No, but some in the US have added water ballast to ships licenced in
the experimental category. The Feds won't let you go over the 660 GW
in standard category.
JJ
  #3  
Old January 15th 08, 08:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 209
Default Libelle 301 water ballast

On Jan 14, 6:37*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:
On Jan 14, 2:50*am, "
wrote:

Do 301's have water ballast as an option?


Thanks


Al


No, but some in the US have added water ballast to ships licenced in
the experimental category. The Feds won't let you go over the 660 GW
in standard category.
JJ


Thanks JJ.

What ever happened to your 301 from doug and the full canopy franken
libelle?

Regards

Al

  #4  
Old January 15th 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 388
Default Libelle 301 water ballast

On Jan 14, 11:29*pm, "
wrote:
On Jan 14, 6:37*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:

On Jan 14, 2:50*am, "
wrote:


Do 301's have water ballast as an option?


Thanks


Al


No, but some in the US have added water ballast to ships licenced in
the experimental category. The Feds won't let you go over the 660 GW
in standard category.
JJ


Thanks JJ.

What ever happened to your 301 from doug and the full canopy franken
libelle?

Regards

Al


I gave it a good annual last year, it was in good shape except for
blisters because the owner didn't open the trailer for a year. He said
it was up for sale at 12ish, last I saw it was at Williams Soaring.
You'd fit in the franken' cockpit real well, Al and your young enough
to get in and out without shoulder pain. I had a cherry 301 that I
flew in the Reese nats, but my shoulder hurt for 6 months afterwards.
It's down at Tehachapi. The unmodified 301 is a good machine for
sports class, climbs like stink, doesn't run all that well above 70
knots. Bet it could win in weak conditions. The Schuemanized Libelle
goes well, but they knock off 5% on the handicap and I don't believe
its all that good.
Cheers,
JJ
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who first used water ballast and when? John McCullagh Soaring 9 October 18th 06 09:36 AM
Water Ballast Upgrade P.Corbett Soaring 5 December 5th 05 03:32 PM
water ballast leak Robert Harvey Soaring 2 May 27th 05 03:49 PM
water ballast leak Robert Harvey Soaring 0 May 26th 05 10:33 PM
Std 102 water ballast plug Tom Dukerich Soaring 3 April 12th 05 05:10 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.