Is the Mooney clock opening 2.25 inches?

Old June 8th 05, 04:29 PM
Dave Butler

Default Is the Mooney clock opening 2.25 inches?

Maybe someone can save me a trip to the airport to measure.

Specifically, looking to mount a Davtron 800 clock, will it fit?

While I'm at it, is there a convenient way to wire the clock for continuous
power when the master is off, or do I need the "B" model clock with the built-in
alkaline battery clip? I know the cabin overhead light is powered with the
master off.

M20J, in case it matters.

Thanks.

Dave
Old June 8th 05, 06:53 PM
Paul kgyy

I can't answer your question about size, but when I had a no-battery
clock installed in my Arrow, the shop had to run a fused lead directly
from the battery to power it.

Old June 8th 05, 11:17 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 11:29:56 -0400, Dave Butler wrote:

Maybe someone can save me a trip to the airport to measure.

Specifically, looking to mount a Davtron 800 clock, will it fit?

While I'm at it, is there a convenient way to wire the clock for continuous
power when the master is off, or do I need the "B" model clock with the built-in
alkaline battery clip? I know the cabin overhead light is powered with the
master off.

There are a lot more airplanes out there running around with duracell
(eveready, whathaveyou) powered Davtrons than what you might think.

I can look out the window and see four mid-size corporate jets that
have one on either side of the panel.

BTW, the batteries usually last 3-4 years...

TC