CFI annual TSA renewal

Old February 16th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default CFI annual TSA renewal

I just can't wonder
what percentage of hijackers historically have been

We don't want to stop the attacks that have already occured. We want to
stop the attacks that would =in=the=future= occur. Were you a
terrorist, you might consider using little old ladies. (hint - it's
been done already)

Jose
Old February 16th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Years ago, long before 9-11, a screener at Springfield, MO,
asked about the knife in my carry-on bag. Turned out she
was seeing the hold open bar in my Jep book.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
| me why I had approach plates with me.
|
| I would think that would be a good sign. If a terrorist
carries
| approach plates he must have plans to land. When I've had
to go
| retrieve planes I've usually found the security guys to be
pretty
| understanding of me having my flight bag on board.
However, it does
| always guarantee me a spot in the "special line" because
I"m one-way.

Old February 16th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I once suggested that everybody be required to be nude,
everywhere, school, work, the supermarket, on the trains,
buses and airlines. Would speed up security searches.
Exceptions would be made for those people who are so modest
that they must be covered, they just have to get a concealed
weapons permit, because clothes equal armed.
Certain people could be required to be clothed if they are
too ugly, fat or otherwise so repulsive that they would
cause projectile vomit.

some support

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
| If TSA does not stop Arab looking males because it might
be
| "profiling" don't they have to profile in order to
determine
| which people are not to be stopped and searched?
|
| I think its a problem with statistics. 100% of the people
that hijacked
| planes were middle Eastern men. However, Norm has decided
that for
| screening purposes, they cannot make up more of a
percentage searched
| than they make up a percentage of passengers. Everytime I
see a blue
| haired old lady standing at the security check point with
her bag open
| and her med bottles spread out all over the place, I just
can't wonder
| what percentage of hijackers historically have been blue
haired old

Old February 16th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I once suggested that everybody be required to be nude,
everywhere, school, work, the supermarket, on the trains,
buses and airlines.

I'm all in favor of shedding unnecessary clothing, but the NYC subways
is not somewhere I think I'd want anybody to be nude.

Jose
Old February 16th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
me why I had approach plates with me.

I would think that would be a good sign. If a terrorist carries
approach plates he must have plans to land. When I've had to go
retrieve planes I've usually found the security guys to be pretty
understanding of me having my flight bag on board. However, it does
always guarantee me a spot in the "special line" because I"m one-way.

-Robert

You mean you don't buy round trip and toss the return it's usually cheaper?

Old February 16th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Perhaps they could make paper or Tyvek jumpsuits available
in vending machines.

some support

. ..

Old February 16th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
om...

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
If TSA does not stop Arab looking males because it might be
"profiling" don't they have to profile in order to determine
which people are not to be stopped and searched?

I think its a problem with statistics. 100% of the people that hijacked
planes were middle Eastern men. However, Norm has decided that for
screening purposes, they cannot make up more of a percentage searched
than they make up a percentage of passengers. Everytime I see a blue
haired old lady standing at the security check point with her bag open
and her med bottles spread out all over the place, I just can't wonder
what percentage of hijackers historically have been blue haired old
ladies?? That's a question I would just love to ask Norm.

-Robert

Norm is still fighting WWII. That's why he picks on blue haired old
ladies. He is also once again pushing for user fees. What a guy, what a
guy.

It isn't Norm, it is the liberals who crap themselves at the thought of
taking into account that 99.99% of those that have sworn death to the
American infidels also happen to be Arab or other Middle Eastern.

Old February 16th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Robert M. Gary wrote:
me why I had approach plates with me.

I would think that would be a good sign. If a terrorist carries
approach plates he must have plans to land.

LMAO...I've had a really bad week and that totally made me laugh.

Old February 16th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Macklin wrote:
I once suggested that everybody be required to be nude,
everywhere, school, work, the supermarket, on the trains,
buses and airlines. Would speed up security searches.

My brother threated to strip at an airport checkpoint once. Here's why...

I was fortunate enough to hear a lecture by Oliver North a few years ago
at my university. He told a story about clearing security at a North
Carolina airport, just after the shoe bomber incident. The screener
didn't recognize him, and made him take off his shoes. Annoyed, he said
(and I'm fuzzy after this part of the story), "What would you do if
I/someone had a bomb in my underwear?" Long story short, he ended up
with his pants around his knees, being wanded when he moved and the
screener hit the panic button. He said that he looked over this
shoulder and saw six North Carolina state troopers heading up the
stairs. The lead one saw what was going on and about died laughing when
he saw Oliver North there with his pants down, being searched. Damnit,
I wish I could remember the entire story.

I told the story to my brother, who decided in the true spirit of the
Marine Corps, he would strip next time he got hassled by the TSA...I
mean, if you're nude, you can't hide anything, right? Unfortunately, I
happened to be with him and nearly died of embarrassment.

Of course, this is the same man who swears he can carry on his sword, so
he's obviously got no problem being arrested at the airport.