Strepla or Win Pilot

Old December 1st 04, 12:05 AM
Mal

Default Strepla or Win Pilot

I have purchased a Navman pin has built in Gps

Have a Volkslogger but no need to connect it to the navman pin.

I will be using it in Australia what is the better of the two.

Mal

Old December 1st 04, 01:58 AM
jorgie

You cold also consider XCSoar which is available for free. It is not as
sophisicated. However, it depends of what you want.

Try looking at:

jorgie
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -

Old December 1st 04, 05:23 AM
Paul Remde

Hi,

I sell and support StrePla. It shines in regard to maps and in-flight
optimizations.

WinPilot is excellent software as well. I don't sell WinPilot but I have
flown with it in the past.

I have not tested either product on the Navman Pin but you could install the
demo versions of each product for testing.

You may also want to consider SeeYou Mobile and Glide Navigator II. Those
are the 4 most popular options.

I have created a soaring flight software comparison web page which may help
you decide. It is available he
http://www.soarmn.com/cumulus/software-ppc.htm

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old December 1st 04, 05:59 PM
Henryk Birecki

Go to http://www.soaringpilotsoftware.com and look for GPS_LOG WinCE.
Navman uses 75600 baud rate (or is it 76000)

Henryk Birecki

Old December 1st 04, 06:17 PM
iPilot

Try GPS_LOG, which may seem a little complicated at first, but after getting
used to is one pretty good piece of software. Contrary to XCSoar it's
actively supported and developed further by Henryk Bierki.

Old December 1st 04, 06:18 PM
Bob Lepp

"Paul Remde" wrote in message news:hzcrd.118507$V41.113826@attbi_s52...
Hi,

Snip
I have created a soaring flight software comparison web page which may help
you decide. It is available he
http://www.soarmn.com/cumulus/software-ppc.htm

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Great chart!

SeeYou now has a free product called ConnectMe to up/download
flights/waypoints/tasks/declaration to many loggers, so you may wish
to update the chart.

While it is standalone from Mobile SeeYou (even users of other
products can have it free) I see it as 'part' of that product.

href="http://connectme.seeyou.ws/"http://connectme.seeyou.ws//a

Bob
Old December 1st 04, 11:38 PM
Mal

Thanks Guys I have strepla demo and will get the others to test.

Paul what cable can I use between the Volkslogger and the Navman PIN

I have a discount certificate that came with my Volksloger do you give the
discount as well Paul ?

Mal

Old December 2nd 04, 09:36 AM
Mal

Bundle for update customer
Update to StrePla3 Standard version from version 1.xx, version 2.xx and
OEM version, as described above and
pocket*StrePlaź Standard version for PocketPC (e.g. iPAQ),
as described above by simultaneous order EUR 237.07

My Volkslogger-Voucher-Number is:
(only for Volkslogger customer)

My CPU-ID is:

(Please do not use the serial number. Install pocket*StrePla and read than
the CPU-ID.)

You save EUR 29.31 in relation to the single purchase

$316.410 USD

$405.327 AUD

Is that voucher valid with you Paul

www.mals.net

Old December 2nd 04, 07:59 PM
Paul Remde

Hi Mal,

It is my understanding that the Navman PIN has an internal GPS so you
shouldn't need a cable to connect to an external GPS.

I can sell StrePla to you at the discounted price if you have the voucher
that came with the Volkslogger.

Paul Remde