172S Weight and Balance Question

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 20th 04, 05:21 PM
David J

Default 172S Weight and Balance Question

INFO:
Taking a 2 hour trip with two on board in 172S. We are 280 lb each.(560)
Fuel 53 gal at (318lbs) a little luggage 50 to 75 pounds. 2002 172S Empty
Weight (1720) after figuring W&B total weight is 2673 or 123 lbs over 2550
max takeoff and landing weight. Upon arrival I will be at or near landing
weight after fuel burn. I can ask FBO to unload 20 gallons of fuel or so at
an extra expense of $2.72 a gallon and get the numbers right.

QUESTION:
Can I safely/legally takeoff 4000 foot runway, 60 air temp elevation 400'
180hp or should I just bite the bullet and pay for the extra fuel to be
unloaded as opposed to taking a chance. Please be nice to me I know I need
to loose weight. I do want to be safe just don't have enough expierience to
make this judgement call without a little help from the expierience in this
group.

David J
PP-ASEL

Cessna 414! Weight & Balance [email protected] General Aviation 3 February 24th 05 10:33 PM
Weight and Balance JP Piloting 2 January 13th 04 10:54 AM
Weight & Balance Question Harry Gordon Piloting 28 December 30th 03 01:51 AM
RV-7a baggage area David Smith Home Built 32 December 15th 03 04:08 AM
Weight and balance question. Wayne Piloting 5 November 28th 03 06:45 PM