losing your wings.....

Old November 4th 05, 07:08 PM

Default losing your wings.....

More seriously, I don't think it matters what you fly. Immaturity
and selfishness can be found in any flying community.

Except SAR units of course

(yes that was a joke!)

Old November 4th 05, 07:42 PM
Tex Houston

wrote in message
ups.com...
More seriously, I don't think it matters what you fly. Immaturity
and selfishness can be found in any flying community.

Except SAR units of course

(yes that was a joke!)

My friend Billy Sparks who celebrates two birthdays each year, one being the
anniversary of when he was picked up waaay north in NVN, goes to the rescue
display at every airshow he attends and thanks each member of the unit there
individually.

Regards,

Tex Houston

Old October 22nd 05, 12:40 PM
St. John Smythe

~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:
then tell me Mike, what makes a good fighter
pilot?

Combined
o Flying ability/skill
o Aggressiveness
o Good judgement

Remove any one of the above and you don't have a good fighter pilot.
--
St. John
Old October 22nd 05, 03:15 PM
Mike Kanze

Amen!

--
Mike Kanze

"A rattlesnake loose in the living room tends to end all discussion of
animal rights."

- Time magazine's Lance Morrow, written after the September 11 attacks.

Old October 24th 05, 12:14 AM
~^ beancounter ~^

three solid traits....i agree...

o Flying ability/skill
o Aggressiveness
o Good judgement

Old October 24th 05, 05:47 AM
lehei

On 23 Oct 2005 16:14:34 -0700, "~^ beancounter ~^"
wrote:

three solid traits....i agree...

o Flying ability/skill
o Aggressiveness
o Good judgement

I saw a similar fly-by a few years ago. A B-1, except that the pilot
set it up ahead of time. And it was awesome :-).

http://www.helenair.com/articles/200.../helena/1e.txt

Old October 23rd 05, 03:54 AM
Tiger

Mike Kanze wrote:

Almost unbelieveable display of immaturity and selfishness on the part of
this guy. I thought all the Mavericks and Icemen had been flushed from the
system by now.

Have you lost that lovin feeling? Personally I have the Need. The need for
Speed!

Old October 31st 05, 03:09 PM
FatKat

Mike Kanze wrote:
Almost unbelieveable display of immaturity and selfishness on the part of
this guy. I thought all the Mavericks and Icemen had been flushed from the
system by now.

Did my generation do these stupid stunts? Hell, yes. (Even in A-6s.) Were
our actions any "better" than this young man's? Hell, no.

Good to know that this hot-dog will no longer grace our skies.

This guy really doesn't come off well, does he? Reminds me of the
fictitious "Soup" Campbell from "Punk's War". I always thought that
character was just a bit too much to believe, but now I'm going to have
to go back and re-read that story.

Old October 31st 05, 03:26 PM
SeppoP

FatKat wrote:
Mike Kanze wrote:

Almost unbelieveable display of immaturity and selfishness on the part of
this guy. I thought all the Mavericks and Icemen had been flushed from the
system by now.

Did my generation do these stupid stunts? Hell, yes. (Even in A-6s.) Were
our actions any "better" than this young man's? Hell, no.

Good to know that this hot-dog will no longer grace our skies.

This guy really doesn't come off well, does he? Reminds me of the
fictitious "Soup" Campbell from "Punk's War". I always thought that
character was just a bit too much to believe, but now I'm going to have
to go back and re-read that story.

There's another story that needs to be remembered:
(just to recap, maybe some of you haven't seen this [unfortunate] "classic" report)

http://www.crm-devel.org/resources/paper/darkblue/darkblue.htm

--
Seppo P.
What's wrong with Theocracy? (a Finnish Taliban, Oct 1, 2005)

Old October 31st 05, 05:38 PM
~^ beancounter ~^

SeppoP...wow, thats quite a report...some very interesting
observations and thoughts.....This is the "famous" b52
stalling video, i take it.......