losing your wings.....

Old October 31st 05, 05:50 PM
St. John Smythe

Default losing your wings.....

~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:
SeppoP...wow, thats quite a report...some very interesting
observations and thoughts.....This is the "famous" b52
stalling video, i take it.......

When I saw that on the History Channel, I think, the commentary
suggested that the cause was malicious compliance, that is, the senior
officer said something like "don't you dare fly over _______," so the
PIC banked smartly and in so doing, departed the envelope.

Am I remembering that correctly?
--
St. John
Old October 21st 05, 06:05 PM
Harry Andreas

In article . com, "~^
beancounter ~^" wrote:

Dude, you really need to put in the attribution when you cut and paste an
article like this.

It's not fair to the authors or to the newspaper that paid their salary.

For those that want to know, this was in the LA Times on Wednesday.

--
Harry Andreas
Engineering raconteur
Old October 21st 05, 06:56 PM
Yeff

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:05:41 -0700, Harry Andreas wrote:

For those that want to know, this was in the LA Times on Wednesday.

Specifically,
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-jetfighter19oct19,0,6419216.story?coll=la-home-local

--

-Jeff B.
zoomie at fastmail dot fm
Old October 21st 05, 10:27 PM
~^ beancounter ~^

only if i am trying to sell or "gain" by re posting it...

Old October 24th 05, 08:29 PM
Mike Kanze

Another thought for this thread re this pilot's actions:

"What would Gramps (Grampaw Pettibone) say?"

I suspect the august gentleman would not speak kindly of this guy's actions,
and would include any number of "Great horned toadies!" "Jumpin'
Jehoshepats!" and similar Gramps invective.

--
Mike Kanze

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big
enough to take from you everything you have."

- President Gerald R. Ford

"~^ beancounter ~^" wrote in message
ups.com...
years and years to earn...seconds to lose...

---------------------------------------
SAN LUIS OBISPO - At a quarter past noon on Jan. 21, a U.S. Navy F-18
Super Hornet jet fighter flown by a combat-tested pilot named Richard
Webb appeared over the Edna Valley and streaked toward San Luis Obispo
County Regional Airport.

On its first pass, the Super Hornet screamed along at more than 650
miles an hour, just 96 feet above the main runway. Soon it circled
back, touched down on the tarmac for an instant, then went into a steep
climb, afterburner roaring, and disappeared in the skies.

[rest snipped]

Old October 27th 05, 08:54 PM
FatKat

What sort of air traffic normally goes through that airport? Here in
the NY-Long Island area, there are always complaints about air traffic
in and out of our regional airports. Civic groups looking for any
excuse to hem in these airports would probably have loved to have had
Aviator Webb come down and put on an impromptu show in their backyard.
I'm guessing that if the airport in question here is already under
pressure from surrounding neighborhoods, then their concern against
Webb is sincere.