WinPilot Aviation database

Old February 25th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter[_4_]

Default WinPilot Aviation database

What happened to the free aviation database updated every 28 days? The
latest is still October 2006!
PeterK

Old February 25th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc Ramsey

Peter wrote:
What happened to the free aviation database updated every 28 days? The
latest is still October 2006!

Notice: The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) has removed
DAFIF™, FLIP, and ECHUM data from the NGA public web site effective
October 1, 2006. Department of Defense (DoD) customers are able to
access DAFIF™, FLIP information, and ECHUM by accessing the NGA's web
site on the NIPRNet. The NGA NIPRNet site, in accordance with a number
of DoD directives, is Public Key Enabled (PKE); meaning that the site is
encrypted using the DoD Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).

Marc
Old February 26th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jon Simpson

"Marc Ramsey" wrote in message
t...
Peter wrote:
What happened to the free aviation database updated every 28 days? The
latest is still October 2006!

Notice: The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) has removed
DAFIF™, FLIP, and ECHUM data from the NGA public web site effective
October 1, 2006. Department of Defense (DoD) customers are able to access
DAFIF™, FLIP information, and ECHUM by accessing the NGA's web site on the
NIPRNet. The NGA NIPRNet site, in accordance with a number of DoD
directives, is Public Key Enabled (PKE); meaning that the site is
encrypted using the DoD Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).

Marc

Pheww...We live and learn...You'll be telling me the sun comes up in the
east next. May I have your permission to use the above text for a non profit
purpose in another group?

JRS

Old February 26th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc Ramsey

Peter wrote:
What happened to the free aviation database updated every 28 days? The
latest is still October 2006!

Notice: The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) has removed
DAFIF™, FLIP, and ECHUM data from the NGA public web site effective
October 1, 2006. Department of Defense (DoD) customers are able to access
DAFIF™, FLIP information, and ECHUM by accessing the NGA's web site on the
NIPRNet. The NGA NIPRNet site, in accordance with a number of DoD
directives, is Public Key Enabled (PKE); meaning that the site is
encrypted using the DoD Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).

Marc

Pheww...We live and learn...You'll be telling me the sun comes up in the
east next. May I have your permission to use the above text for a non profit
purpose in another group?

http://164.214.2.62/products/usfif/index.cfm

Marc
Old February 26th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Henryk Birecki

Marc Ramsey wrote:

Peter wrote:
What happened to the free aviation database updated every 28 days? The
latest is still October 2006!

Notice: The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) has removed
DAFIF™, FLIP, and ECHUM data from the NGA public web site effective
October 1, 2006. Department of Defense (DoD) customers are able to
access DAFIF™, FLIP information, and ECHUM by accessing the NGA's web
site on the NIPRNet. The NGA NIPRNet site, in accordance with a number
of DoD directives, is Public Key Enabled (PKE); meaning that the site is
encrypted using the DoD Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).

I believe you can still get the US only data (called USFIF (?)) until
October 2007. After that it is back to digitizing sectionals.

Henryk Birecki
Old February 26th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc Ramsey

Peter wrote:
What happened to the free aviation database updated every 28 days? The
latest is still October 2006!

John Leibacher has informed me that Worldwide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange
has the current US airport (but not airspace) database in CAI, WinPilot,
SeeYou, Strepla, and other formats. This data has been made available
through the support of Paul Remde:

http://soaringweb.org/TP/FAA
http://soaring.gahsys.com/TP/FAA/

Marc
Old March 4th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Marc and others

Can somebody explain the food chain that leads to U.S. airspace files,
for my own use I care about SeeYou's .CUB.
How will lack of DAFIF availability affect SeeYou redistribution in
their .CUB files. Will people roll over to the FAA's NFD? I was
curious and know the FAA requires a license agreement (and fee) for
access to NFD data but I could not find a copy of the agreement -
anybody know what redistribution it allows?

For that matter how much of what Jepp sells is sourced from DAFIF? How
will that affect Jepp databases on portable Garmins GPS?

Sigh our tax dollars at work again.... the story from the NGA seems
pretty disingenuous, with them blaming anything that moves for their
actions including those pesky copyright seeking Australians, and I
think any terrorist who cares to can mail order their charts from
Sporty's, or look up VFR stuff on Sky Vector, or use Google Earth,
or ...

Thanks

Darryl

On Feb 26, 10:31 am, Marc Ramsey wrote:
Peter wrote:
What happened to the free aviation database updated every 28 days? The
latest is still October 2006!

John Leibacher has informed me that Worldwide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange
has the current US airport (but not airspace) database in CAI, WinPilot,
SeeYou, Strepla, and other formats. This data has been made available
through the support of Paul Remde:

http://soaringweb.org/TP/FAAhttp://s...ys.com/TP/FAA/

Marc