A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » General Aviation
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Airbus A380 in Arizona



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old November 20th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Hatunen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 57
Default Airbus A380 in Arizona

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 13:44:55 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

User writes:

Spotted on Interstate 10 about 75 miles east of Tucscon, Arizona, on
the afternoon of 11/17:

A large convoy of trucks guiding an oversized load. The oversized
load appeared to be a fuselage section about 75 feet long, and
significantly larger in diameter than a 747. And the whole package
was labeled "Airbus A380". (Sorry I don't have more detail. It was
my brother who saw this. Briefly. From the opposite lanes of
traffic. And since I work in the commercial aircraft industry he
called me to see if I knew what it was.)

Any idea what this could have been?


Maybe the A380s are being mothballed at Davis-Monthan.


Only if theuy're military. But some commercial jets are
mohtballed at Marana, northwest of Tucson (note spelling of
"Tucson"; we hate "Tuscon").

************* DAVE HATUNEN ) *************
* Tucson Arizona, out where the cacti grow *
* My typos & mispellings are intentional copyright traps *
Ads
  #22  
Old November 20th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Anno v. Heimburg
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 56
Default Airbus A380 in Arizona

You are a lying, twisting stummer Kopf

A "silent head"? What's that supposed to be?
  #23  
Old November 21st 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Tchiowa
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default Airbus A380 in Arizona


John A. Weeks III wrote:
In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:

Someone stated the A380 is produced in Europe. You tried to correct
that and said it was produced in France. I corrected that, because it's
wrong. That's all.


Perhaps you are both right depending on what you mean by
"produced". The final assembly is done only in France, but
components and assemblies are produced across Europe.


The statement being discussed was "I thought all the big parts of the
380 were being manufactured in Europe and Great Britain." which is
clearly true. Not final assembly but parts manufacturing. It's taking
place in several countries. And that appears to be the source of their
current problems: different design software in different plants that
was incompatible.

  #24  
Old November 21st 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Tchiowa
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default Airbus A380 in Arizona


Reef Fish wrote:
John A. Weeks III wrote:
In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:

Someone stated the A380 is produced in Europe.


And Borchert said i was wrong in pointing out from the NEWS that a
test flight plane was produced in Toulouse, France.

He said Hamburg, Germany, without a shread of evidence of support.

He is just plain WRONG in making his correction.

Even an IDIOT like him should know that France is in Europe. I was
merely being more precise given the timely report I read in the news
in Hong Kong because the plane landed there!

You tried to correct
that and said it was produced in France. I corrected that, because it's
wrong. That's all.


You are a lying, twisting stummer Kopf


The statement was "I thought all the big parts of the 380 were being
manufactured in Europe and Great Britain." and that is completely true.
The major parts are manufactured all over Europe and then shipped to
France for final assembly.

Pay attention "Bob".

  #25  
Old November 21st 06, 06:28 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Louis Krupp
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Airbus A380 in Arizona

Nobody wrote:
snip

Stops in Whales to pick up the wings ...


Make that "Wales." Broughton, to be exact, in North Wales, west of
Chester, on the Saxon side of Wat's Dyke. The wings are built in
Broughton and then shipped elsewhere to be joined with the other bits.

Louis
  #26  
Old November 21st 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Ulf Kutzner
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default Airbus A380 in Arizona

Tchiowa schrieb:

The statement was "I thought all the big parts of the 380 were being
manufactured in Europe and Great Britain." and that is completely true.


Besides the fact GB belongs to Europe, although not to the Continent and
not to Schengania.

Regards, ULF
  #27  
Old November 21st 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Reef Fish
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12
Default Airbus A380 in Arizona


Nobody wrote:
Reef Fish wrote:
And Borchert said i was wrong in pointing out from the NEWS that a
test flight plane was produced in Toulouse, France.

He said Hamburg, Germany, without a shread of evidence of support.


Semantics.


You people who took issue with me CITING the South China Post
should write that newspaper for your jollies.

There is nothing semantics about the difference between Toulouse
and Hamburg, or the difference between France and Germany.

The reporter could EASILY have said Hamburg Germany as Toulouse
France -- 14 alphabets each. Or could have said assembled in Germany
and delivered in France.

Neither was said.

I couldn't care LESS if the parts were made in Iraq and assembled in
Iran
and and delivered to France or Germany just to keep Bush from starting
another war. :-)

You are a bunch of pedants who spent too much of time sitting on your
butt typing pedantic and unsurpported trivia on the keyboard.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

  #28  
Old November 22nd 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Tchiowa
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default Airbus A380 in Arizona


Reef Fish wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Reef Fish wrote:
And Borchert said i was wrong in pointing out from the NEWS that a
test flight plane was produced in Toulouse, France.

He said Hamburg, Germany, without a shread of evidence of support.


Semantics.


You people who took issue with me CITING the South China Post
should write that newspaper for your jollies.

There is nothing semantics about the difference between Toulouse
and Hamburg, or the difference between France and Germany.

The reporter could EASILY have said Hamburg Germany as Toulouse
France -- 14 alphabets each. Or could have said assembled in Germany
and delivered in France.

Neither was said.

I couldn't care LESS if the parts were made in Iraq and assembled in
Iran
and and delivered to France or Germany just to keep Bush from starting
another war. :-)

You are a bunch of pedants who spent too much of time sitting on your
butt typing pedantic and unsurpported trivia on the keyboard.


5555555555

There was a minor correction to something you posted and you went
ballistic denying it. Turns out you're wrong (you should understand
that feeling quite well by now) and you're screaming about pedantry.

  #29  
Old November 22nd 06, 08:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Reef Fish
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12
Default Airbus A380 in Arizona


Tchiowa wrote:
Reef Fish wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Reef Fish wrote:
And Borchert said i was wrong in pointing out from the NEWS that a
test flight plane was produced in Toulouse, France.

He said Hamburg, Germany, without a shread of evidence of support.

Semantics.


You people who took issue with me CITING the South China Post
should write that newspaper for your jollies.

There is nothing semantics about the difference between Toulouse
and Hamburg, or the difference between France and Germany.

The reporter could EASILY have said Hamburg Germany as Toulouse
France -- 14 alphabets each. Or could have said assembled in Germany
and delivered in France.

Neither was said.

I couldn't care LESS if the parts were made in Iraq and assembled in
Iran
and and delivered to France or Germany just to keep Bush from starting
another war. :-)

You are a bunch of pedants who spent too much of time sitting on your
butt typing pedantic and unsurpported trivia on the keyboard.


5555555555

There was a minor correction to something you posted and you went
ballistic denying it. Turns out you're wrong (you should understand
that feeling quite well by now) and you're screaming about pedantry.


What do you know? The rec.culture.thailand buffoon who used to
get his head clubbed in this group is back with his impertinence again.

What happened to alt.bangkok and alt.culture.thailand where you belong?

The archives are full of your blunders in rec.travel.air.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

  #30  
Old November 22nd 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Airbus A380 in Arizona


Reef Fish wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Reef Fish wrote:
And Borchert said i was wrong in pointing out from the NEWS that a
test flight plane was produced in Toulouse, France.

He said Hamburg, Germany, without a shread of evidence of support.


Semantics.

[snip]
There is nothing semantics about the difference between Toulouse
and Hamburg, or the difference between France and Germany.


However, the original exchange went as such:

Any idea what this could have been? I thought all the big parts of
the 380 were being manufactured in Europe and Great Britain.


In France.


The final assembly is done in Toulouse, but the "big parts"
are produced all over Europe (and actually I believe a few
"fairly large" parts are made in the US as well).

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Still more Airbus woes (1) john smith Piloting 11 June 17th 06 09:42 PM
Still more Airbus woes (3) john smith Piloting 0 June 14th 06 03:37 PM
Still more Airbus woes (2) john smith Piloting 0 June 14th 06 03:35 PM
Airbus A380 water purification john smith Piloting 1 July 7th 05 02:50 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.