A weekend chuckle

Old February 11th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default A weekend chuckle

Management-Joke

A man in a hot air ballon realized he was lost.
He decreased altitude and spotted a woman below. He descended a little
more and shouted " Excuse me can you help me, I promised a friend I
would meet him an hour ago and I don't know where I am".
The woman replied, "You are in a hot air balloon roughly 50' above the
ground, between 21 and 22 degrees east and 139 and 140 degrees south".
"You must be an engineer" said the balloonist.
"How did you know" the woman asked.
"Well", answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically
correct, but I have no idea of what to make of your information and the
fact is I am still lost. Frankly you have not been much help at all".
"You must be in management", replies the woman.
"How did you know?", replies the balloonist.
"Well", said the woman, "you don't know where you are or where you are
going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot
air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you
expect people below you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in
exactly the same position as you were in before you met me, but now,
somehow, it's all my fault".

Old February 11th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Apparently a very lost engineer - you can't get any further than 90 degrees
south (or north).

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com