Radio - foul language

Old February 10th 04, 09:49 PM
Dave Kearton

"Guy Alcala" wrote in message
.. .

| Dave, how terribly un-PC of you. You've managed to offend at least three
| different groups, and probably more. By asserting that
|
| a. God exists, you've got the atheists on your case.
|
| b. God's gender is male, you've got the feminists riled up (as in "God's
| coming, and She's ****ed").
|
| c. God is singular, you've upset the Pagans ;-)
|
| Guy (who's happily avoided such controversies by being a life-long
agnostic)

Thank you Guy for raising my consciousness.

Being a born-again lesbian, I still seek forgiveness for the occasional
transgression against the tenets of the Holy Mother.

At least that's who they scream at me when I drive past , "Holy MOTHER
.........."

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old February 10th 04, 10:01 PM
Yeff

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:48:40 -0000, James Hart wrote:

If that's got you worried then don't go looking at what the French have
ruled on today (banning all overt religious symbols in public).

Only in state schools.

Now if God did/does exist, would they have been a fighter pilot or a bomber
pilot? (he says trying to get the post vaguely back on a RAM theme)

Copilots in whatever they were flying. ;-)

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com
Old February 10th 04, 11:25 PM
Krztalizer

And has HE never heard or seen these words, say uttered by his father in a
moment
of exasperation?

Once, we slid through an intersection sideways, narrowly avoiding a guy who
completely ran a red light. As we slewed to a stop, he piped in, "Dad, is that
guy a @#$%$ing idiot, too?" "Good word use, son. Don't use it again."

I definitely curse. I graduated the USN 8 week course in profanity in Feb 79,
Honor Graduate. But, around the kiddos, I *try* to use more descriptive
adjectives!

Or from his friends, or on music CDs or ? Naturally,
we can
and IMO should try and set an example of not using profanity gratuitously.
But
again, I'm curious. Have you ever asked him what HE thought f&%#@ing meant?

Lets ask him - he isnt busy.

slight pause

uhhh, he knew exactly what it meant. :") Spelled it out letter by letter.

Probably a few others, but as you suggest, not
many. Still, since its not off-limits to the wee ones AND ladies, I don't

see
it as the same as a forum for, say, just sailors.

Ladies generally aren't, anymore, and I suspect most women would be offended
by
the notion that they're so fragile that men have to protect them from hearing
or
reading swear words. Many have an equal facility with them as men (which may
be a
good or bad thing).

Agree. But as long as I can keep my blood pressure under control reading
Michael P's posts, I'll try to keep my own salty language in the can.

v/r
Gordon
====(A+C====
USN SAR

Donate your memories - write a note on the back and send your old photos to a
reputable museum, don't take them with you when you're gone.

Old February 11th 04, 12:29 AM
OXMORON1

James asked:
Now if God did/does exist, would they have been a fighter pilot or a bomber
pilot?

I used to think my drill instructor was God, then I thought it was the FI/FE,
then I changed my mind and decided on flag rank officers. I was wrong on all
counts, my mother-in-law was the one, but she passed away, ergo God is Dead.

oxmoron1
MFE
Old February 11th 04, 02:20 AM
Peter Kemp

wrote:

Now if God did/does exist, would they have been a fighter pilot or a bomber
pilot? (he says trying to get the post vaguely back on a RAM theme)

Bomber Pilot in the Old Testament - levelling entire cities when
he/she got ****ed off.

Transport pilot in the New Testament (how else do you think the 500
were fed - airdropped supplies while his Son was distracting the
locals with a fish and bread juggling act).

Peter Kemp