New Mission For the SSA Weather Resources Task Force

Old February 10th 10, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF

Default New Mission For the SSA Weather Resources Task Force

The SSA Weather Task Force has been re-treaded with a brand new group
of fresh volunteers. The last group to serve on the committee
( Richard Kellerman, Sam Zimmerman there may be some others I don't
know ) did an excellent job of writing some very high quality
forecasting tutorials.

This leaves the current group wondering exactly what should we be
doing during our term. If you have some suggestions please feel free
to offer them here.

The weather tutorials already on the site have been cleverly hidden by
the SSA Webmaster. So if you have not been able to find them on your
own try this: www.ssa.org : Log on with your member information :
on the left hand side click on News and Information : click on weather
from the fly out menu tabs : click on tutorials on the top right side.

The News tab on the weather page will lead you to links to the weather
presentations made at the 2010 SSA convention.
Old February 10th 10, 09:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Yeates

Is the Task Force aware of the work done in Australia?
Look at http://blipmap.walsys.net/UNI/univiewer.html

Old February 10th 10, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On Feb 10, 1:43*am, "Charles Yeates" wrote:
Is the Task Force aware of the work done in Australia?
Look at *http://blipmap.walsys.net/UNI/univiewer.html

Based on work done in the US: http://www.drjack.info/index.html

Thanks Jack!!

-Tom
Old February 10th 10, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Feb 10, 6:38*am, 5Z wrote:
On Feb 10, 1:43*am, "Charles Yeates" wrote:

Is the Task Force aware of the work done in Australia?
Look at *http://blipmap.walsys.net/UNI/univiewer.html

Based on work done in the US:http://www.drjack.info/index.html

Thanks Jack!!

-Tom

I cannot think of any more important use of an SSA weather task force
than to work out how to keep Dr. Jack's NAM and RUC forecasts running
and how to increase the coverage for RASP (a fantastic tool).

Darryl
Old February 10th 10, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MP

On Feb 10, 12:02*pm, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Feb 10, 6:38*am, 5Z wrote:

On Feb 10, 1:43*am, "Charles Yeates" wrote:

Is the Task Force aware of the work done in Australia?
Look at *http://blipmap.walsys.net/UNI/univiewer.html

Based on work done in the US:http://www.drjack.info/index.html

Thanks Jack!!

-Tom

I cannot think of any more important use of an SSA weather task force
than to work out how to keep Dr. Jack's NAM and RUC forecasts running
and how to increase the coverage for RASP (a fantastic tool).

Darryl

echo that - will be a sad day when I wake up and can't check the
Blipmap.