Turbo question

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 5th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Turbo question

I have a piper turbo arrow with a TSIO-360-FB engine. It has the original
waste gate on the turbo, and an after market turbo plus intercooler.
I recently made a long trip, and got the plane up to 14000 for the first
time in a long time. I was having trouble keeping the exhaust temp down. I
had the mixture full rich, and the engine was only using 14 gph. It seemed I
could not get the mixture rich enough.

I don't remember this happening on any of my previous flights at high
altitude, but the previous flights were a while back. The plane behaves
perfectly normal at altitudes up to 10000 which is were most of my flying
is.

Does this imply something wrong with the fuel system or fuel pump or is this
normal behavior for these planes?

Turbo Lance MP flux ? John Doe Owning 3 September 28th 05 01:56 AM
Why turbo normalizer? Robert M. Gary Piloting 61 May 20th 05 04:33 PM
turbo stc? The Weiss Family Owning 21 October 3rd 04 10:35 PM
First Time Buyer - High Time Turbo Arrow [email protected] Owning 21 July 6th 04 07:30 PM
Partnership Question Harry Gordon Owning 4 August 16th 03 11:23 PM