6lb 50A alternator

Old May 8th 09, 08:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Philippe[_2_]

Default 6lb 50A alternator

Hello,

Is someone knows this alternator?

http://www.ecae.com/alt1.html
part number 2025 or 2026

2lb more heavy than kubota but 50A vs 15A....

Any comments?
Other source cheaper?

thanks
--
« Si tous les počtes voulaient se donner la main, ils toucheraient enfin
des doigts d'auteur! »

Old May 8th 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
et

On May 8, 12:22*am, Philippe wrote:
Hello,

* *Is someone knows this alternator?

http://www.ecae.com/alt1.html
part number 2025 or 2026

* 2lb more heavy than kubota but 50A vs 15A....

Any comments?
Other source cheaper?

thanks
--
« Si tous les počtes voulaient se donner la main, ils toucheraient enfin
des doigts d'auteur! »
* * Philippe Vessaire *ŇżÓ¬

I bought a small single wire 50A from greatplainsas.com for less than
$100. Seems to work well.

Ed
Old May 8th 09, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

This one is 60 amps and about $125 I'd have to get back to you on the
weight but I think it's 5 or 6 pounds and a 1 wire connect...
http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/images/alt2s.JPG

Tony

Old May 9th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jerry wass

Philippe wrote:
Hello,

Is someone knows this alternator?

http://www.ecae.com/alt1.html
part number 2025 or 2026

2lb more heavy than kubota but 50A vs 15A....

Any comments?
Other source cheaper?

thanks

Yes, I know that alternator--I have one just like it--except it comes
with a multi-groove pulley from the junk yard-(easy to swap pullys )
It's made by Nippondenso. several Japanese cars use them.

A good junk yard or alternator/starter rebuilder should be able to fix
you up with a used-(checked out on machine) or rebuilt one.

see if they can cut off the vehicle plug end for you while they're at it

If I recall correctly there's only a sensor wire that goes direct to
batt, and an activator that goes to Ign. Switch,

Make certain you get new brushes & bearings--The engine you're going to
put it on is going to shake the s**t out of it.
Old May 9th 09, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jerry wass

Philippe wrote:
Hello,

Is someone knows this alternator?

http://www.ecae.com/alt1.html
part number 2025 or 2026

2lb more heavy than kubota but 50A vs 15A....

Any comments?
Other source cheaper?

thanks

Since you're in France, you'd be better off finding one there.
Old May 10th 09, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Charlie[_2_]

Philippe wrote:
Hello,

Is someone knows this alternator?

http://www.ecae.com/alt1.html
part number 2025 or 2026

2lb more heavy than kubota but 50A vs 15A....

Any comments?
Other source cheaper?

thanks

Search Ebay for 'suzuki samuri alternator' & you'll find dozens, if
you're not in a big hurry. Late '80s to early '90s models. There are 7
on there right now.

A favorite of RV builders.

Be aware that with the one-wire alternators, there's typically no way to
shut them down if the internal regulator fails. If you don't have
over-voltage protection, you can cook your avionics.

I'm not telling you not to use it (I'm flying a similar model); just be
aware of the issues.

Lots of discussion on RV-x forums and on the aeroelectric list.

http://aeroelectric.com/consulting.html

It's actually an email list; use the link above to sign up. There's also
an archive search engine for the list available at Matronics.com.

Charlie
Old May 10th 09, 09:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
abripl[_2_]

They sell those on eBay too. In 2004 when doing my 40hour phase 1 test
I had a couple of those mini alternators. One worked intermittently
and the second "replacement" one fried on me. Then I got a larger 60A
one from Vans Aircraft parts and it has been working so far.

Alternator longevity a Home Built 2 September 11th 06 05:25 PM
FS: NEW ALTERNATOR NIPPONDENSO Ernesto Sanchez Home Built 2 November 25th 04 06:31 PM
Alternator field cycling & alternator damage Nathan Young Owning 7 November 14th 04 09:02 PM
Did I hurt my alternator? Paul Tomblin Piloting 5 October 24th 04 04:21 AM
q alternator 152 Euromotors Piloting 2 July 16th 04 09:34 AM