Aircraft patchwork?

Old June 20th 09, 03:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew B

Default Aircraft patchwork?

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
5.247...

It appears to be a "cargo loading" door that has been replaced and not
yet painted. See:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/CSA--...461524/L/&sid=
0330cae2681537c95687d78991642d2a

Makes sense.....FEDEX uses the ATR-42 for their package service.

Bob Moore

Had not considered a cargo area forward of the passenger cabin but from your
link that is the answer, thank you very much.

--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

Old June 20th 09, 05:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

Default Aircraft patchwork? - atr42-300.jpg (1/1) [73K]

"Andrew B" wrote in message
om...

"Netko" wrote in message
x.com...
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 13:38:22 +0100, Andrew B wrote
(in article ) :

Isn't it the cargo door, as in the attached 3-view drawing (filched
shamelessly from the ATR web site)? It hinges upwards (the door, that
is).

It's depicted open in Flight's cutaway drawing at:

http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace...laviation1949-
2006cutaways/aerospatiale-atr42-cutaway-6662.aspx

What a long URL.

Thank you Netko, that explains it, I hadn't thought of a cargo hold ahead of
the passenger cabin.

It's not that unusual, when CC-137s flew in combi configuration, the crated
cargo was typically forward and we self-loading cargo were aft.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Old June 21st 09, 11:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew B

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
"Andrew B" wrote in message
om...

"Netko" wrote in message
[...]

I never knew the 707/CC-137 were produced as a combi configuration, to be
truthful I didn't know about the CC-137's, I suppose that the idea for the
747 Combi had to come from somewhere. I hadn't considered a relatively
small commuter aircraft like the ATR being made in that style.

As for self loading cargo, I think I know that feeling :-)

Old June 21st 09, 09:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
D. St-Sanvain

Hello,

Andrew B a écrit :
I never knew the 707/CC-137 were produced as a combi configuration, to be
truthful I didn't know about the CC-137's, I suppose that the idea for the
747 Combi had to come from somewhere. I hadn't considered a relatively
small commuter aircraft like the ATR being made in that style.

As for self loading cargo, I think I know that feeling :-)

It had once been considered a military version, known as ATM 42. The
lack of rear cargo doors led was to be balanced by the lateral door, to
load jeeps, engines, etc...
In France, N2501s Noratlas and N262s Fregate are now replaced by the
CN-235.

Bye,

Old June 22nd 09, 09:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew B

"D. St-Sanvain" wrote in message
Hello,

Andrew B a écrit :
I never knew the 707/CC-137 were produced as a combi configuration, to be
truthful I didn't know about the CC-137's, I suppose that the idea for
the
747 Combi had to come from somewhere. I hadn't considered a relatively
small commuter aircraft like the ATR being made in that style.

As for self loading cargo, I think I know that feeling :-)

It had once been considered a military version, known as ATM 42. The lack
of rear cargo doors led was to be balanced by the lateral door, to load
jeeps, engines, etc...
In France, N2501s Noratlas and N262s Fregate are now replaced by the
CN-235.

Bye,

The CN-235 looks like quite a capable aircraft and seems to have many
operators in various configurations.

Old June 23rd 09, 11:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 15:12:05 +0100, "Andrew B"
wrote:

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
85.247...

It appears to be a "cargo loading" door that has been replaced and not
yet painted. See:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/CSA--...461524/L/&sid=
0330cae2681537c95687d78991642d2a

Makes sense.....FEDEX uses the ATR-42 for their package service.

Bob Moore

Had not considered a cargo area forward of the passenger cabin but from your
link that is the answer, thank you very much.

They just want to make sure the feed arrives before the cattle...